River, Estuary & Oceanic Paddling in the sea mammals paradise
Seven days in complete autonomy trip to paddle trough this amazing mammals paradise, in the remote Atlantic Patagonia.
Puerto Deseado is may be one of the most beautiful places in the Atlantic Patagonia. We will find a wildlife paradise, inside of the typical desert environment.
We are proposing a trip, to paddle in the river and sea, to enjoy this paradise in complete autonomy.
- 7 days from Comodoro Rivadavia to Comodoro Rivadavia
- From October to April
- Prices: U$1285.- Per peron.
- Expedition group: 5 to 16.
In this trip we will paddle from the heart of the Patagonic desert, to the Atlantic shores, following and experienced an amazing environment. We will camp in wild areas, and have the opportunity to sight amazing mammals in their natural environment (Rock hopper penguins, Magellan Penguins, Grey Cormorant, Imperial Cormorant, Sea Lion, Antarctic Stern, Toninas, Dolphins, and others).
But maybe, the most remarkable tip of this trip, is the accessibility: This is an very special route, mostly impossible to access in other way.
- Fully-guided kayaking trip
- Good combination between hiking and kayaking, with interested point of view
- Remote Patagonic areas, very difficult to visit in other way
- Kayaking in amazing landscapes, and different environments: River, Estuary, Open Sea.
- Sighting of unique species of local fauna (Grey Cormoran, Dolphins, Rock hopper penguin, etc)
Activity Level: Moderate
Like all other sea kayaking trips in Patagonia, this is a fairly active trip for which some level of physical fitness is necessary, or have the habit of hiking and paddle in the countryside. For the kayak, we never will start the activity if the weather conditions are not good, any way we need to be ready for a fast change. Previous experience in kayaking is not required (although is recommended).
- Day 1: Trf from Comodoro Rivadavia to Rio Deseado Estancia
- Day 2: Kayaking in Rio Deseado
- Day 3: Kayaking between the River & the estuary
- Day 4: Full day Kayaking in the Deseado Estuary
- Day 5: Open Sea Paddling, along the Beaches.
- Day 6: Kayaking to Penguin Island, to visit the Rock hopper colony and come back to Puerto Deseado.
- Day 7: Transfer to Comodoro Rivadavia to continue your trip
- Day 1: We will pick up you in the Comodoro Rivadavia Airport (one transfer at 2pm), and will go by bus to the estancia, near Puerto Deseado (More o less 3 hours). We expect to arrive at 6 pm, and after mount the camp, we will have a hiking, and a typical dinner (Lamb Barbecue). Night in camping.
- Day 2: After breakfast, we will pack all our gear, and Start the paddling trip, in the Deseado River. We have a plan to paddle this first day to the beggining of the Estuary. Lunch on the way, and camping night in Cañadón Biedma. Dinner around the fired.
- Day 3: We expect to paddle the first part of the Estuary to Isla Lola campsite. The plan is arrive early in the camp, to have time for a hiking in the island. Usually we can watch seabirds and other typical mammals in the shore area. The island have a nice view from highlands.
- Day 4: After breakfast we will paddle the last part of the estuary, and go out to the open sea at first time. The plan is land in Caleta Falsa, where we will set up our camp, and spend the night.
- Day 5: We will start early, to paddle in open sea in direction south, to Penguin Island. This day we will exposed to some waves, and we will have the opertunity to surf the waves if the conditions are good. The campsite is in front of Penguin Island, near the road.
- Day 6: This day we will visit the Rock Hopper Penguine colony in the Penguin Island. The island is a very special and attractive place, with a lighthouse, and nice environment. The plan is have a lunch in the island, and come back before 3pm, tos dismount the camp, and come back to Puerto Deseado.
In the town, we will have hotel bed and a hot shower, waiting for us, and we can enjoy a farewell dinner with a group (not included).
- Day 7: The last day of the trip, we will have free morning in the town, to visit the city and live the atmosphere of one typical Patagonic town… After or before breakfast, depending the flight times, we will go to Comodoro Rivadavia, to continued the trip.
Download our PDF Brochure
Images of the Trip
Rates Summer 2016-17
Regular Price is U$1280.- per person. (from Comodoro Rivadavia)
in base group of 5 (five ) passengers minimum and 16 maximum.
Ask for special or private departures.
Dates summer 2016/17
- October 23th to 29th, 2016.-
- November 20th to 26th, 2016.-
- December 14th to 20th, 2016.-
- January 22th to 28th, 2017.-
- February 19th to 25th, 2017.-
- March 19th to 25th, 2017.-
Included / Not included
What it’s included:
- Transfer from you hotel to Ushuaia port
- Transfer across the beagle Channel to Puerto Navarino
- 3 nights on board of Alakush
- Meals on a full board basis
- Boat transfers, from Ushuaia to Puerto Navarino and back
- 1 to 2 guides, depending on the group
- Rental of specific equipment for the trip (Kayaks, Safety Gear and Protection Cloths)
What it’s not included:
- Flights, Airport taxes and Fees
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation, transfers and food out of the program descriptions
- Personal equipment (See recommended gear list at the end)
Recommended Clothing and Equipment:
Synthetic clothing is recommended, due to prevailing humidly climate.
Upper Body Wear: Polypropylene or merino long sleeve shirts; T-shirts or shirts, Fleece Jacket, Down Jacket, Wind and Waterproof jacket.
Leg Wear: Polypropylene inner pants, pair of fast drying pants. Gore Tex or similar weatherproof protection pant.
Foot Wear: Trekking Boots, three pairs of thick mountain socks.
Hand, Head and Eyes: Fleece and Waterproof Gloves, Windproof Hat, Sunglasses, Face and Lips suns cream, Bandana or Buff.
Other Gear: Sleeping Bag, Head lamp, day backpack, Wather bottle, Photo camera and personal hygiene set.
Are you interest? send us an email.