Four days boat supported trip to paddle in the Darwin Range. One of the most beautiful places in Tierra del Fuego. We propose a boat supported trip, to paddle between the glaciers and channels of the end of the world.
- 4 days Ushuaia to Ushuaia
- From October to April
- Prices: U$1380.- Per person.
- Expedition group: 5 to 16.
The trip is basically a navigation, from Ushuaia to the heart of the Darwin Range, in the highest and full glacier covered of Tierra del Fuego, with the idea to enjoy two paddling days between glaciers and icebergs.
We have a plan to visit the fiords in the area of the Beagle Channel, and have some Paddling Excursions between ice and glaciers.
We will start in Ushuaia, crossing the Beagle Channel in one small boat, to do the entrance in Chile, in Puerto Navarino. From there, we will board our boat, “Alakush”, to navigate in West direction, more o less for 8 hours. The plan is arrive to the area of Pia Fiord, in the afternoon. The first day, If we have time, we can do a nice hiking to the viewpoint of the glaciers before dinner. We will dedicate the second and third day for paddling in the area of the glaciers. Then in the day four, we will come back to Puerto Navarino, and Ushuaia, departing early, with the idea to have the best views of the Alemania, Holanda and Italia Glaciers, and cross the border to come back in Ushuaia before dinner.
- Fully-guided kayaking trip
- Comfortable Boat Support
- Ice cap hikes
- Kayaking alongside impressive glacier fronts
- Sighting of local fauna
Activity Level: Moderate
Like all other sea kayaking trips in Tierra del Fuego, this is a fairly active trip for which some level of physical fitness is necessary, or have the habit of hiking in the countryside. As for the kayak, we never will start the activity if the weather conditions are not good, any way we need to be ready for a fast change. Previous experience in kayaking is not required (although is recommended).
- Day 1: Ushuaia to Pia fiord. Starting at 8 am from hotel
- Day 2: Kayaking
- Day 3: Kayaking
- Day 4: Navigation from Pia fiord to Ushuaia
- Day 1: We will pick up you in your hotel at 8am, to Cross the Beagle Channel at 8:30, after custom in Ushuaia. In Puerto Navarino, we will embark in “Alakush”, and Sail to the West. We will navigate along the Beagle Channel, crossing Lapataia Bay, Murray Channel and Yendegaia Bay, and then we will continued in the north west side of the Beagle Channel. The channel was discovered in 1830, for the Capitan Fitz Roy, during the first epic trip with the famous Beagle & Adventurer ships, around the world.
We will have the opportunity to see from our ship, the magnificent of the big glaciers and mountain like: Monte Bove, Italia, Frances, Darwin, Roncagli, and the glaciers.
We will be arriving to the port, in Pia Fjord, around 6 pm. If all is ok, we will have time to do a short hiking. Dinner and night onboard.
- Day 2: Inside the Pia we will have breakfast on board, and after this, we will prepare the kayaking gear, and navigate with our kayaks for a full day inside the fjord. Lunch on the field, diner and night on board.
- Day 3: We expect to paddle in the East fjord, with a hiking in the entrance area.
- Day 4: After breakfast we will come back to Ushuaia.
Rates Summer 2016-17
Regular Price is U$1380.- per person
in base group of 5 (five ) passengers minimum and 16 maximum.
Ask for special or private departures.
Dates summer 2016/17
- October 8th to 11th, 2016.-
- November 7nd to 10th, 2016.-
- December 5th to 8th, 2016.-
- January 9th to 12th, 2017.-
- February 6th to 9th, 2017.-
- March 6th to 9th, 2016.-
Download PDF Brochure
Included / Not included
What it’s included:
- Transfer from you hotel to Ushuaia port
- Transfer across the beagle Channel to Puerto Navarino
- 3 nights on board of Alakush
- Meals on a full board basis
- Boat transfers, from Ushuaia to Puerto Navarino and back
- 1 to 2 guides, depending on the group
- Rental of specific equipment for the trip (Kayaks, Safety Gear and Protection Cloths)
What it’s not included:
- Flights, Airport taxes and Fees
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation, transfers and food out of the program descriptions
- Personal equipment (See recommended gear list at the end)
Recommended Clothing and Equipment:
Synthetic clothing is recommended, due to prevailing humidly climate.
Upper Body Wear: Polypropylene or merino long sleeve shirts; T-shirts or shirts, Fleece Jacket, Down Jacket, Wind and Waterproof jacket.
Leg Wear: Polypropylene inner pants, pair of fast drying pants. Gore Tex or similar weatherproof protection pant.
Foot Wear: Trekking Boots, three pairs of thick mountain socks.
Hand, Head and Eyes: Fleece and Waterproof Gloves, Windproof Hat, Sunglasses, Face and Lips suns cream, Bandana or Buff.
Other Gear: Sleeping Bag, Head lamp, day backpack, Wather bottle, Photo camera and personal hygiene set.
Are you interest? send us an email.